Hi! I'm Lexi.
Let's cut to the chase -- you want to figure out if I'm a totally normal human, and want to read some things about me like a dating profile to see if we're a good match, yeah?
Okay, I'll tell you about me and some of my fave things, in bullet form:
- I own a cat (yeah, she is precious) but I'm a total dog person.
- Every time I update this part of my website, I've probably rewatched The Office entirely 3 times.
- I am also a graphic designer, and have a deep appreciation for good, clean fonts.
- I love cheese and if you book with me, most of my client gallery codes are different kinds of cheese.
- I love hiking, biking and traveling, and I try to make it to CO to hike a mountain with my boyfriend each year.
- Once I quit my insurance job and went traveling around the world for 6 months. Don't worry, I don't plan on quitting my photography job. (I actually love it a lot).
- Honestly I'm a real sucker for a good pun and find myself more and more amused by "dad jokes" the older I get.
- People always tell you in their "About Me" section how they got started and all, and yeah, I'm one of those people who always had a hold of a camera as a kid. It started with a pink Barbie 35mm camera. Thanks, mom.
More about me things, in story form: Someone recently asked me what's my why. You know, the reason we do all of this for people, the reason we take photos. I thought back to a time when my grandmother shared her wedding album with me. At that time, wedding album meant a bunch of 4X6 prints inserted into a vinyl book. Even still, I was eager to see them, and the thing I remember most about this was my grandmother brushing her hands over the photos in their inserts, smiling, pointing to each with a specific memory or fact, and telling me about the day she married my grandpa at a friend's house in 1967. I just love that.
Things have changed: Cameras are digital, trends come in waves, weddings are an enormous industry. When it comes down to it, you are marrying someone, and those photos should be fun and timeless, and capture all the feelings you had on a beautiful day.
My why is so that one day, you can be my grandmother, beaming when she looks over photos from that day and shares them with her granddaughter, thankful that she had someone there capture those small, collected moments. Plus sharing them all on Instagram, am I right?
About you, in photo form: Let's celebrate you and the love that you share with another person. Let's make something totally cool.
Thanks for being here and letting me tell you a bit more about myself and what I like to do. Let's hear some more about you! Let's grab coffee (or a beer) and we'll chat.
PS. Yeah, I can travel. If you didn't already know, I love doing that. Never be afraid to shoot me an email.